Who needs a Family Law Specialist?
OTS Solicitors Family Law Specialists
As online family law specialists, the team of London based family solicitors can answer your questions on every aspect of family law. If you have a family law query and need family law, children law or financial settlement advice call us on 0203 959 9123 or complete our online enquiry form so we can arrange a Skype, video conference or telephone appointment.
What is family law?
Family law isn’t just about separation and divorce. It encompasses all the significant life events such as:
- Meeting a partner and signing a cohabitation agreement
- Buying your first house and signing a declaration of trust and writing a Will to make sure that you and your partner are protected
- Getting married or entering a civil partnership and signing a prenuptial agreement or a civil partnership agreement
- Adopting a child or having a child through a surrogacy arrangement and sorting out the formalities with an adoption order or a parental order and protecting your child by writing a Will or changing your existing Will
- Having a child with your spouse or partner and protecting your child through inheritance tax planning to protect your child’s interests
- With a change in financial or personal circumstances entering into a postnuptial agreement with your spouse or civil partner
- Separating from your husband, wife or civil partner and entering into a separation agreement
- Help with securing injunction orders if you are subjected to domestic violence within a relationship. Domestic violence includes all types of domestic abuse such as emotional or psychological abuse and financial control and coercion
- Deciding to get divorced and securing your decree absolute of divorce as well as advice on children law and the custody and contact arrangements for the children and the family finances and the financial settlement. Your Will also needs changing if you separate or divorce
- After your separation or divorce reviewing the need for ongoing spousal maintenance payments or checking the level of child support payable
- If you form a new relationship entering into a cohabitation agreement or prenuptial agreement
- Ongoing Will and estate planning advice to protect you and your loved ones through the creation of trusts and inheritance tax planning as well as preparing powers of attorney to protect you in case you lose capacity to make your own decisions about your health or your property and financial affairs
- Advice on lifetime gifting and inheritance tax planning to help older children with a deposit for their first family home
- Helping you if a loved one passes away with probate services including the administration of an estate or helping you if a family member’s Will is contested.
How to learn about family law
The family law team say that whatever the nature of your family law query they are here, at the end of a phone, to help you with your family law needs. Many people are embarrassed to ask family law questions but the approachable family law experts can be contacted on 0203 959 9123 or complete our online enquiry form.
Why do we need family law?
We need family law to help families through life events, whether that is marriage, separation or divorce or the birth or adoption of a child. Family law solicitors should be there at the best and the worst times to help you and your family.
Many people think that if you go to a London family law firm it means you will end up in the family court to sort out child custody and contact or a financial settlement and financial court order. That isn’t necessarily the case as expert family law solicitors will:
- Help you with paperwork and documents to try and avoid family court proceedings – such as cohabitation agreements, prenuptial agreements, Wills and separation agreements
- Try and reach a resolution by agreement such as through providing legal advice and support through family mediation or achieving the best solution for you and your family through solicitor negotiations.
Can I get help with family law?
You can get help with family law and solicitors will tell you that it is best to do so as it is far cheaper to have a lawyer help you with writing a Will or a relationship agreement (such as a cohabitation agreement or prenuptial agreement or separation agreement) than it is to end up in bitter family court proceedings. Sometimes divorce, children law and financial settlement proceedings can't be avoided and that’s when you most need help with family law from a specialist who can answer your questions and help you move on with your life through achieving workable solutions.
How to contact family lawyers in London – OTS Solicitors
The specialist family lawyers at OTS Solicitors have lots of experience of helping people will all aspects of family law working remotely using the latest secure technology. If you need advice on a relationship agreement or help with your separation or divorce , financial settlement or childcare arrangements or need advice on any other aspect of family lawcall OTS Solicitors on 0203 959 9123 or complete our online enquiry form. We can set up a video conference, Skype or telephone appointment for you with a friendly and experienced family law solicitor.